Whew! Between buying up Challenge Butter on sale at Harris Teeter (ya’ll saw that on Instagram), perusing the Summerville Farmers’ Market, and car-tripping to NY visiting family, you could say I’ve had quite an adventurous apetite for life. And my husband and I have already started a new adventure renovating our new place. More on that journey later…
Now I’ll enthrall you with a “top 2” list of A Butterful Mind’s successes and favorites from 2016.
Top 2 Posts
- Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes – No surprise here. People are searching like crazy on Google for a recipe that gives you fluffy, egg-free pancakes with that old-fashioned buttermilk tang.
- Split Pea Soup – Rock on, soup lovers! I happen to really dig a good soup and I’m excited to see many of you do too!
Top 2 Pins
- Split Pea Soup – Oh, Pinterest, sweet pinterest. It’s plain to see that my Split Pea Soup fans are also avid pinners. Thanks to each of you for making this recipe the most pinned in 2016.
- How To Soften Butter – What’s that? My little tutorial on How to Soften Butter quickly and without a microwave is second place? That’s pretty darn cool. Softened butter is a staple in these parts.
Top 2 Products I Love
- Aliño by Charleston Spice Company – Hand blended right here in the south. This particular blend is awesome on fish and in whipped riccota.
- Joseph Joseph Spatula – I just got this in December! This instrument of greatness is fit for high temps and smoothly grazing ceramic cookware. It’s a must have tool in the kitchen.
Top 2 Changes In The Kitchen
- Simple Kitchen Decor – You may remember my giveaway with Haven & Hound to show how adding a few simple touches can transform a dull space into one that inspires you to cook.
- 7 Easy Habits For An Organized Kitchen – These tips helped me (especially through the holidays) to keep my head on straight even with my kids causing chaos!
Top 2 Recipes I Tried
- Portland Porch Lettuce Wraps – Hands down, my favorite recipe when the peaches are in season, the basil is fresh, and you’re craving a healthy AND filling meal.
- Chocolate Buttermilk Cake – Perfect for cupcakes and were a huge hit at my son’s birthday party with my own cream cheese frosting.
Top 2 Food Blogs I Follow
- Pinch Me, I’m Eating – Local to Charleston, SC (yay!) and rocking a killer pimento cheese recipe.
- B.Britnell – If you’re visiting Nashville you need to check out her restaurant recommendations!
Top 2 Blogs That Inspire Me
- Just A Girl And Her Blog – Keeping me organized especially after the holidays.
- Baked Bree – Fellow photographer and food lover, Bree Hester’s bright images and Friday Happy Mail bring a smile to my face. Just look at her awesome mug collection!
That’s it for our top 2 in 2016. New friends, new recipes, new interests, all these things made it a “finding my blog identity” kind of year. And I’ve loved what it’s become and the fans I’ve befriended. But sadly, I still hate chocolate.