All ya’ll (and my supportive but shocked husband) have held my hand through these last few months in 2015 while I scrambled to pull this blog together. And scrambled is an understatement! But this holiday weekend I’m kicking back with a glass or two and breathing it all in. After all, I made it! The new year has arrived and I’m still blogging.
In 2015 the most popular post by far was my recipe for Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes. A feature on BuzzFeed’s 19 Mind-Blowing Pancakes Guaranteed To Change Breakfast Forever helped pump this baby to the top!
A tip on How To Soften Butter quickly and without a microwave was the second most popular post and gained a lot of traction on Pinterest (my precious Pinterest).
Needless to say, those two posts alone pretty much illustrate what I love about the kitchen. Cooking + Learning + Eating + Sharing + Butter (obvi). And I have some wicked awesome plans for all those categories in 2016.
I’m already going to be getting schooled by the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge the whole month of January. A hopefully life-changing resolution brought to you by flippin awesome Simple Green Smoothies blog & community. And I’ll be sharing my own struggles and triumphs from organizing a small kitchen space to finally tossing out cheap gadgets (and getting new ones!).
- A more organized kitchen. Yes, yes, I’ll post my before pics.
- Sit down family dinners. Sadly, we are often found relaxing with a plate o’ food in front of Netflix. We struggle to pull it together to grant everyone a seat and a plate at the same time. Tell me I’m not the only one!
- Get knives sharpened. I have good knives. I have never sharpened them. What good are they, then?! Alton would be horrified.
- Eat my way through Charleston. I live in a fantastic place where fantastic restaurants make fantastic goodies. But as the mother of two young kids I have been to 0.01% of them. CHANGE!
- Cook my way through Jerusalem: A Cookbook that is the epitome of a visual feast. Even if I hadn’t grown up in the Middle East I’d still be craving everything it offers.
- Teach my toddler to drink from a cup. Without spills. Without tears.
- Teach my 7 yr. old to wash A dish. Am I reaching for the stars here? This wasn’t even on my radar until I realized that if he can reach over the kitchen sink to wash his hands he can certainly wash some dishes in the process.
- Bake more cupcakes. First cupcakes of the year were baked on Dec. 17th. Disgraceful. CHANGE!
- Cook more seafood. My husband did not eat anything sea-related until I snuck in scallops for dinner as “chicken”. He has reluctantly accepted a few fish dishes since. But there’s one in particular he actually craves – Baked Salmon with Dill and Pine Nuts.
- Shine my sink. Everyday. The FlyLady way.
Honestly, it still blows my mind that I’ve stuck with it. But the payoff has been amazing – getting to know fellow bloggers, learning awesome techy web stuff, and finding out people actually enjoy reading this! Thank you, God. And Thank you, fans, friends, and family. 🙂