Here’s a list of reasons why you should make this simple snack mix on the regular, alright?
- It satisfies that salty-crunchy need.
- Kids usually agree it’s da bomb.
- Ingredients are cheap (store brands work).
- Easy to throw in a to-go container for the road, lunch box, or straight to your face.
Plus, if you don’t make this regularly then you’ll probably get miserably moody until you finally make another batch. Just sayin’.
First, preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Then melt 3 tablespoons of butter (salted, of course!) with 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. I usually just microwave that combo in a small dish for around 30-60 seconds. Give it a stir and set aside.
Pour the butter and Worcestershire sauce mixture over the cereal and add 2 teaspoons of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. Toss with a large spoon until everything is coated relatively evenly.
Spread the simple snack mix out on a large rimmed baking pan and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.
After that time has passed quickly take it out of the oven for a quick toss and pop it back in for another 15 minutes.
When the timer goes off you want to toss the snack mix around and check if it’s been toasted enough. If the cereal seems moist in any way then you want to pop it back into the oven for a few minutes, try 3 minutes at a time until everything is dry and toasty. But be careful! It can burn quickly once it’s done so keep an eye on it. Once it’s done just bring the pan out to cool for a few minutes.
Easy, kid-friendly, and addicting – this simple snack mix recipe is just perfect for the lunch box, game day, or on the go. Or stuff your face right away because it’s always best while its still toasty warm!
Talk about easy-peasy, the prep for this simple snack mix recipe is less than 5 minutes! It’s got awhile in the oven afterwards but you can simply set a timer and walk away. I always use that time to clean up my kitchen and handwash my dishes. NOT.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups corn cereal
- 2 cups honey nut oats
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Melt butter and Worcestershire sauce together in a small dish in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl add corn cereal and honey nut oats. Pour the wet mixture over the cereal and add Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Toss until coated relatively evenly and spread out onto a rimmed baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes then take out to toss. Put the simple snack mix back in the oven for another 15 minutes then take out to check if it's done. If all toasted well then it's done but if it has anymore moisture or hasn't browned at all then pop back in the oven for 3 minutes and continue until all toasted. Let cool for a few minutes then serve!