Crunchy sliced almonds and the sweet bite of cranberries really crank up the flavor alongside tangy greek yogurt and red wine vinegar to make a delicious lunchtime favorite. Cranberry almond chicken salad is great on sandwiches, spread on crackers, or on top of crostini!
Lunchtime needs to be quick and simple to throw together. Especially if I’m preparing something in the morning to pack in a lunch box! That’s why I spend zero time cooking by bringing home a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. So easy to dress it up with goodies.
Let’s crank this quick recipe out.
Add in all the tasty goods – 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Mix it all together and give it a taste test. Like my little pink spatula? It’s made by Joseph Joseph – they have cool kitchen stuff!
Try spooning cranberry almond chicken salad onto a warm and toasty crostini for a brunch party appetizer! To learn step by step how to make crostini click here.
- 1 rotisserie chicken (1.75 lb)
- 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ chopped celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- First, pick apart all the chicken off the bone of a rotisserie chicken. Toss the bones away and leave the meat in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently together until combined.
- Eat in a sandwich for the lunch box, on top of crostini, or as is! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.